A creamy and satisfying zucchini soup recipe that is easy to cook, packed with fiber and nutrients, and a great way to get your summer squash fix!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (8oz / 226 grams), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2–3 medium sized zucchinis (1.5 lbs / 680 grams), thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes (1 lb / 453 grams), peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup oat milk or plant milk of choice (unsweetened and unflavored)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- Handful fresh herbs, roughly chopped
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion, and sauté until the onion softens and becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, potatoes, fresh herbs and a pinch of salt, stir well. Cook until vegetables start to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. If needed, add a splash of water to help prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Next add vegetable broth, stir well. Raise heat and bring soup to a boil. Once the soup has reached boiling point, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are soft, around 20 minutes. Stir through oat milk and nutritional yeast. Set soup aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- While soup is cooling, prepare zucchini slices for the garnish. Heat a skillet over medium, add olive oil and zucchini slices. Cook until zucchini is soft and golden brown on both sides, around 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the soup has cooled slightly, using an immersion blender or counter top blender, carefully blend until the soup is smooth and creamy. If you used a counter top blender, return soup to pot. Taste the soup and adjust seasoning as needed. If necessary, reheat the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with pan-fried zucchini slices and fresh herbs.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 941.7 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini soup, zucchini soup recipe, zucchini soup herbs, zucchini soup vegan