Juicy, sweet, and refreshing, this colorful watermelon smoothie recipe will show you how to make delicious smoothies with watermelon, pineapple, and raspberries. Perfect for staying hydrated on a hot day!
Ingredients for Watermelon Smoothie
Seedless Watermelon: I recommend using the seedless variety so you don’t have to pick the seeds out before blending!
Pineapple: This adds so much sweetness to this watermelon smoothie recipe. I used frozen pineapple, but feel free to use fresh.
Raspberries: I LOVE raspberries for their tangy, sweet flavor and gorgeous berry-red color. Again, I used frozen, but you could also use fresh.
Lemon zest + juice: Lemon adds a hint of sharpness to this super-sweet watermelon smoothie.
Maple Syrup: Just a little drizzle to balance out the lemon
How to Make Smoothies With Watermelon
Simply place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for around 30-40 seconds, until smooth. For the best results, I recommend using a high powered blender.
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe Swaps
I like to make this smoothie with fresh watermelon and frozen pineapple and raspberries, but feel free to use any combination of fresh vs frozen fruit that works for you! Strawberries, mango, and lime would all work great.
For a thicker or creamier smoothie
- Add a couple of ice cubes before blending.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of plain or vanilla vegan yogurt before blending. Adding the yogurt will increase the portion size to 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings.
How to Serve
Serve in a tall glass immediately after blending so that your smoothie is still nice and cold. Feeling fancy? Add some lemon slices or mint leaves as a garnish.
This watermelon smoothie can also be made a couple of hours ahead and stored in the fridge. Just make sure you give it a quick stir or shake before serving!
Looking for more Smoothie Recipes?
Here are a few of my readers’ favorite easy dressing recipes. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Pineapple & Coconut Smoothie (doubles as a Virgin Piña Colada)
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Spinach Smoothie with Banana, Tahini & Lemon
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Al.so, if you’re looking for more recipes where watermelon is the hero, then check out this Watermelon Salad with Mint & Vegan Feta and these Watermelon Popsicles with Mint & Coconut.
Thanks for checking out this Watermelon Smoothie Recipe. If you try it, please let us know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe | SUPER Hydrating!
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
This colorful watermelon smoothie recipe will show you how to make the BEST smoothies with watermelon! Sweet, refreshing, SUPER hydrating!
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Watermelon, pineapple and/or lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Place all ingredients int a high powered blender and blitz until smooth, around 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into a glass, top with garnish (optional) and enjoy while cold!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
Keywords: watermelon smoothie, watermelon smoothie recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.