Try our vegan stuffing recipe, with crunchy bread, juicy cranberries, and wholesome herbs. It’s the perfect plant-based side for your Holiday meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or non-dairy butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion (1lb / 450 grams), finely chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 baguette (around 8 cups), cut or torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, rosemary, sage and thyme, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C and have a large casserole dish handy.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil or non-dairy butter, garlic, celery, carrot, onion, butternut squash, Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are soft, then add vegetable broth, stir well.
- Next, add the bread pieces, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts into the pot of broth and veggies. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Tip the stuffing into a large casserole dish and spread out evenly. Ensure some bread pieces are “peeking” out, as this will expose the bread to the heat and make sure they go crunchy. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs (for added crunch), and dot with non-dairy butter.
- Bake stuffing for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve while warm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: vegan stuffing recipe, stuffing recipe bread, stuffing with cranberries