Delicious green vegetables and spicy, aromatic lentils tossed through orecchiette. This pasta dish is so easy it will be on the table in 15 minutes. Dig in!
- 12 ounces / 340 grams of orecchiette (or pasta of choice)
- 4 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil + extra for serving
- 1 can lentils (15 ounces / 425 grams), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (chili)
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1 cup baby peas (fresh or frozen will work!)
- 1 cup spinach or baby kale
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Keep warm.
- Place your skillet over medium heat. Add oil, lentils, nutritional yeast and spices, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until lentils are heated through.
- Add asparagus and snap peas to the lentil mixture. Stir well and cook for another 2 minutes (cover skillet with a lid to trap the heat to help steam the asparagus and sugar snap peas). If the mixture becomes dry, add up to 1/4 cup of water. Next, add the baby peas and spinach/baby kale and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add your green veggies and spicy lentil mixture to the cooked pasta. Sprinkle with mint and stir to combine.
- Divide your Spring greens and Spicy Lentils with Orecchiette Pasta between six bowls. If desired drizzle with a little extra garlic infused olive oil. Enjoy!
- Before you prepare this meal, be sure to start boiling a large pot of salted water (water with a pinch of salt). Your 15 minutes starts when you pop the pasta into the water and start preparing the spring greens and spicy lentils.
- Make sure you cook your vegetables quickly to help retain their vibrant color.
- This dish tastes great hot or cold, so take leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 301.3 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 78.8 g
- Fiber: 15.5 g
- Protein: 21.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spring greens, spicy lentils, orecchiette, green vegetables, pasta dish, lentils nutrition, vegan recipes