- Prepare pan: Prepare a square 8″ x 8″(20cm x 20cm) baking pan by lining with parchment paper (or use a silicone baking pan).
- Melt the marshmallows: Into a large pot over low heat, add peanut butter and vegan marshmallows, stirring to avoid sticking. Heat until the marshmallows becomes stretchy and sticky, then stir in crispy rice cereal.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking pan and press down the mixture and smooth over to create a flat surface.
- Allow to set: Place into the fridge for 10 minutes to set, then cut into 16 rice krispie squares! If desired add a drizzle of chocolate and sprinkle of freeze dried. berries.
- Garnish (optional): Melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil using a double boiler or short bursts in the microwave, stirring regularly. While the chocolate chips are melting, place rice krispie squares on a cooling rack and then drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and/or strawberries.
- Serve: Serve your peanut butter rice krispies at room temperature.
- Peanut butter: For this recipe you need to use natural peanut butter. Do not use no-stir peanut butter, as you need a little oil from the natural peanut butter to prevent the mixture from sticking. If you’re not using salted creamy peanut butter, add a pinch of salt to the pot when melting the marshmallows.
- Marshmallows: My favorite vegan marshmallows are Trader Joe’s or Dandies. Use mini marshmallows if possible, or cut large marshmallows into smaller pieces (I like to use my kitchen scissors for this!).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 83
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: rice krispie treats with peanut butter, recipe for rice krispie treats with peanut butter, how to make rice krispie treats with peanut butter, recipe for rice krispie treats with peanut butter and chocolate