Easy, cheesy, home-made pizza pocket recipe made with handy frozen bread dough balls. Loaded with delicious plant-based ingredients!
- Thaw bread rolls: Place frozen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spray the tops of each roll with a little cooking oil, then cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel and set aside somewhere warm to thaw. The dough will take between 3-5 hours to defrost.
- Prepare the filling: Combine vegan cheese, pizza sauce, and vegetables of choice in a bowl and mix well. Set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 350F / 176C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll out the dough: Transfer the defrosted Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls onto a flour dusted surface and using a small rolling pin, roll them out into small circle, around 3 inches (7.5 cms) across.
- Add the Pizza Pocket filling: Using an ice cream/cookie dough scoop, dollop around 1/3 cup of filling into the center of eight dough rounds, and then squash it down slightly to flatten.
- Cover and crimp the edges: Place a second dough round on top of each pizza pocket, and use a fork to crimp the edges shut. If desired, use a knife to trim any messy edges. Drizzle the tops of each pizza pocket with a little olive oil, and then brush over the surface.
- Bake until golden brown: Transfer the pizza pockets to a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy while hot and melty.
- Thawing the dinner rolls: I like to place the try of frozen rolls in the oven, switched off, with the light on and door closed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Thawing: 3-5 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: pizza pocket recipe