this post may contain affiliate links…
This pineapple smoothie recipe is sweet, creamy, and perfect for cooling down on a hot day. If you’re partial to a virgin pina colada, then making a pineapple smoothie with coconut milk is sure to hit the spot!
Tropical vibes are the name of the game with this fresh and juicy pineapple smoothie with coconut milk! As the weather gets warmer I find myself craving fruity beverages, and this pineapple smoothie recipe is a no-fuss way to satisfy them. Made with a handful of easy ingredients, you’ll find it easy to mix up this virgin pina colada whenever the mood strikes you.
What You’ll Need For This Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
Pineapple: It probably won’t surprise you that the main ingredient in this pineapple smoothie recipe is… pineapple! Sweet and juicy pineapple is essential for making the most of this recipe. I’m always *that person* at the grocery store or farmers’ market sniffing all the fruit, trying to hunt down the perfect specimen for my latest recipe. It might sound weird, but your nose is a great judge of ripeness. Before you commit to a pineapple, try giving it a sniff. If it smells sweet then it’s good to go!
If you don’t have the patience to chop up a whole pineapple then frozen will also work. I’m a big fan of Trader Joes’ frozen pineapple tidbits, but any frozen pineapple will work.
Coconut milk: To achieve an authentic virgin pina colada taste we’ll be making our pineapple smoothie with coconut milk. You have two options here: you can either use 1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton (find it in the same section as the almond and oat milk) or 1/4/ cup of rich and creamy coconut milk from a can. Both taste great in this pineapple smoothie recipe.
Maple syrup or agave nectar: This adds a little sweetness to the smoothie.
Lime: Lime, pineapple, and coconut are an iconic trio. Squeeze half a lime into the blender with the rest of the pineapple smoothie ingredients for an authentic virgin pina colada flavor.
How to Make a Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Milk
- Prepare the pineapple: If you’re using fresh pineapple then you will need to chop and freeze it prior to blending. Place the prepared pineapple chunks onto a lined cookie sheet and leave them in the freezer until frozen.
- Smoothie: Place all the pineapple smoothie ingredients in the blender and process until completely smooth. This should take between 15 and 30 seconds.
- Enjoy: Tip the smoothie into a glass and add any garnishes you fancy. Serve cold!
Tip: This smoothie is best prepared right before serving, as this is when it’s at its thickest, creamiest, and coldest!
Feel free to swap out coconut milk for almond milk, using the same quantities as you would for coconut milk from a carton. Similarly, you could use coconut or almond milk yogurt in place of canned coconut milk.
If you’re using sweetened plant milk or yogurt, adjust the sweetener to suit your preferred taste.
This pineapple smoothie recipe doesn’t use bananas, but if you want to add some, feel free! Just adjust the frozen fruit to 3/4 cup frozen pineapple and 1/2 a frozen banana.
Looking for more Smoothie Recipes?
Here are a few of my readers’ favorite Smoothie Recipes. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Spinach Smoothie with Banana, Tahini & Lemon
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie with Pineapple & Raspberries
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Thanks for checking out this Pineapple Smoothie Recipe. If you try it, please let me know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Milk (doubles as a Virgin Piña Colada)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
This tropical pineapple smoothie recipe tastes just like a virgin pina colada! Learn to make creamy Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Milk!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton (see note)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from a can (see note)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Pineapple slice
- Place ingredients into the blender container and blend on high power until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 15-30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass (top with garnish, if using) and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Coconut milk: I like to use 1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton, you can find it in the same section as the almond and oat milk, and 1/4 cup of coconut milk from a can. I find this combination results in the perfect creamy pineapple smoothie!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: pineapple smoothie, pineapple smoothie recipe, pineapple smoothie with coconut milk, virgin piña colada
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.