- 1 1/2 cup white long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into bite size cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups pineapple (fresh or canned), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (e.g. carrots, corn and peas)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice using your preferred method. Once cooked, spread the rice over a cookie sheet and set the rice aside on the counter or in the fridge to cool and dry out for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Into a skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Once melted, add the tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides, stirring regularly. Remove browned tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, once melted add red bell pepper, pineapple and garlic, cook 3 minutes. Add frozen veggies, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and then crumble in the cold white long grain rice into the skillet, add the cooked tofu, and then stir to combine with the pineapple mixture.
- Add sriracha, soy sauce and a pinch of salt, stir well. Stir-fry for 5 minutes until the the rice is heated through.
- Remove Pineapple Fried Rice from the heat, transfer to bowls, then sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!
Keywords: pineapple fried rice recipe