Make these delicious peanut butter protein balls to boost low energy! These are the perfect peanut butter energy bites for work, gym or after school!
- 1 cup medjool dates, pits removed*
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons salted smooth peanut butter**
- 1–3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, roasted and left whole (optional, if adding peanuts to the center)
- Place Medjool dates, rolled oats, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of water into a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture starts to come together. If needed, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is well combined. The amount of water needed depends on how juicy your Medjool dates are! See the notes section below.
- Divide the mixture into roughly 1 tablespoon amounts. Wet your hands (to help stop the mixture from sticking), and roll each portion in the palms of your hands until you have a rough ball.
- Optional step: Push a depression into the center of each ball, then fill the hollow with 2-3 peanut halves. Then pinch the sides back over the peanuts and roll again.
- Add crushed peanuts to a small bowl and used them to coat the balls.
- Place the finished balls into an airtight container (in a single layer) and allow them to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Store Peanut Butter Protein Balls in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within a week.
- *If your Medjool dates are a little dry, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry before use.
- **We like to use salted smooth peanut butter. Feel free to use salted crunchy peanut butter or unsalted peanut butter.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 23.5 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: peanut butter protein balls, peanut butter energy balls protein balls, peanut butter