Instant Pot Broccoli is a quick and easy way to steam fresh broccoli. For this delightfully healthy side dish, broccoli is cooked in an Instant Pot to preserve nutrients and flavor!
The broccoli steams in less than a minute, making it the perfect healthy side dish when you’re short of time. The texture of the broccoli is just right: tender, but not squishy. It still has a little bite, making it ideal for meal prep.
Steamed broccoli is one of the healthiest ways to enjoy this powerhouse vegetable. Unlike boiling, steaming broccoli helps retain the veg’s nutrients and vitamins, as well as its natural flavor and texture.
What You Need to Make Steamed Instant Pot Broccoli
Grab yourself a handful of fresh broccoli – around 1ib is perfect. We’ll be using one cup of water to steam the florets.
Salt and pepper is all you need for perfectly seasoned steamed broccoli!
Love Broccoli? Check out these other broccoli recipes!
‘Beef’ and Broccoli Stir Fry | Vegan & Ready in 30 minutes!
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe | Crispy & Tender
Benefits of Steaming Broccoli in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a true kitchen hero, and makes cooking vegetables, grains, and beans super quick and simple. Steaming broccoli in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to enjoy this nutrient-rich vegetable, for a number of reasons!
- Quick: Instant Pot broccoli has a zero minute cooking time! That means that it cooks just from the heat generated as your Instant Pot reaches full pressure.
- Healthy: Steaming broccoli is THE best way to retain the vegetable’s natural nutrients and minerals.
- Saves on washing up!
- Frees up space on the stovetop.
- Perfect texture and flavor.
How to Cook Broccoli in an Instant Pot
- Cut the broccoli into 1inch (2.5cms) florets.
- Place the steamer rack or basket in the Instant Pot and fill with broccoli florets and water. Secure the lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time to zero minutes.
- When your broccoli has finished cooking carefully turn the valve to quick release.
- Wait until the Instant Pot is de-pressurized, then remove the lid.
- Remove broccoli from the Instant Pot and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper before serving.
How to Serve
Serve your steamed Instant Pot broccoli while it’s still nice and hot with a pinch of salt and pepper. Feeling fancy? Add a little boost of flavor with one of these!
- Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or melted vegan butter, plus salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 2 minced garlic cloves to a small skillet or saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Pour over your freshly cooked broccoli.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/2-1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of vegan feta cheese, 1 tablespoon of capers, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2-1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped tarragon and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
How to Reheat Steamed Broccoli
This broccoli is best enjoyed while freshly cooked but you can totally reheat any leftovers in the microwave. Simply add a small splash of water, cover, and reheat for 2-3 minutes.
Looking for mains + sides to enjoy with your steamed broccoli?
Here are a few of my readers favorite mains and sides that would taste great with your steamed Instant Pot broccoli!
Thanks for checking out this Instant Pot Broccoli Recipe post! If you try it, please let us know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Instant Pot Broccoli | Steamed to Perfection
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Steamed Instant Pot Broccoli is THE QUICKEST and healthiest way to enjoy this powerhouse green vegetable in just a few minutes!
- Place steamer rack or basket into the Instant Pot, fill with broccoli florets and water. Place the lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook and adjust time to zero minutes. The broccoli will cook perfectly while coming to temperature (which takes around 5-10 minutes).
- Once you hear the signal that the cooking time is complete, carefully turn the steam release handle to venting. Allow all of the pressure to be released (around 5 minutes), and then remove the lid as soon as all steam has vented (to prevent the broccoli from over cooking!).
- Transfer steamed Instant Pot broccoli into a serving bowl, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. See post for tasty flavor boosters/toppings!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: instant pot broccoli
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.