Easy guide showing How to Make Crepes | Soft, Light + Crispy – 100% plant-based with secret ingredient | Mix in one bowl for perfect crepes every time!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk (e.g. oat milk)
- 1/2 cup soda water or water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of salt
- Cooking oil spray
- Into a medium size mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, plant milk, soda water, baking powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt, whisk to combine. Set the batter aside to rest for 20-30 minutes (resting the batter helps your crepes turn out soft and light).
- Heat a crepe pan/shallow skillet* over medium heat and spray with a little cooking oil. Pour a third of the batter into the hot skillet and swirl the skillet around to spread the batter across the surface and up the sides of the skillet (this is how you achieve a thin crepe with crispy edges).
- Cook until the crepe is golden brown on both sides. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the crepes while warm topped with fresh fruit, maple syrup, jam and/or vegan butter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: how to make crepes, crepes easy recipe, crepes recipe