How to freeze bananas for perfect frozen banana smoothie, bowls or even baking | Reduce food waste and keep your bananas good for longer!
- 4 spotty bananas
- 1 lemon, halved (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Remove banana peels, slice bananas into 8-10 pieces, or cut in half or quarters. Place banana pieces onto a lined cookie sheet, then if desired, squeeze lemon juice over the banana pieces. Put the tray of banana pieces into the freezer. Banana slices will be frozen in 1-2 hours, and larger pieces will take an additional hour or two.
- Remove the frozen banana pieces from the freezer and transfer to an airtight container. Return frozen banana pieces to the freezer immediately before the banana starts defrosting.
- Store frozen banana pieces in the freezer for up two two weeks.
- If desired, squeeze a little lemon juice over the banana pieces to help prevent them from going brown.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: how to freeze bananas