I tried the most potent plant-powered serum I could find, and now I’m officially obsessed. It’s called Herbal Face Food. This serum is formulated with 100% plants. It specifically targets aging with its rich antioxidants and phytonutrients. It works by getting deep within the cells of your skin with its 25+ botanical ingredients. Yes, 25 and no fillers–just straight plants! Did I mention that it was voted one of the best products of 2021 by Vogue Magazine?
I tried Herbal Face Foods for eight weeks straight to give an honest review of before and after. Hint–I loved it and have continued to use it daily! Stick around for Herbal Face Foods promo code/coupon.
Disclaimer: All links in this post are affiliate. If you choose to purchase something using my link, I do receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only ever write about products I have personally used for extended periods of time to provide you with the most honest feedback. I would never promote something I don’t absolutely love myself!
Now, let’s dig into the Herbal Face Food and why I love this organic, US made serum.
What is Herbal Face Food? How Do I Use it?
It’s a luxury skinfood staple that works on rejuvenating skin on a cellular level. With 25 researched botanical ingredients, it acts as an anti-aging, multi-correction serum intended for twice daily use. Plus, it’s safe for sensitive skin. It doesn’t cause rosacea outbreaks either! Trust me, I tried it.
This serum is vegan and cruelty-free, made completely from plants. What more could you ask for than powerful antioxidants working on the cellular level to rejuvenate, refresh, and restore?
How it Feels
The most unique aspect of this serum is how it feels. Once it touches the skin, it immediately feels “spicy” but in a good way! This tingly sensation lasts about five to ten minutes. This is my favorite part of the product. As soon as you put it on, you can really feel it working and invigorating the skin.
Following a 35 day controlled trial of men and women, 100% of users experienced this tingly feeling with proper application. This means the live ingredients are at work, invigorating your cells from the inside out! Herbal Face Food describes this experience as a “thermo-phytochemical reaction,” which is completely normal.
How to Use the Herbal Face Food Serum
- After cleansing and drying your face, shake The Serum bottle well. This ensures all the ingredients are mixed together and ready to give you the best potency. It’s normal for settling to occur since everything is naturally-derived.
- Then, add the serum between your hands (I like to apply it directly to my face). Herbal Face Food recommends a quarter size amount.
- Finally, massage into skin and press gently. Spread out evenly on face, neck, décolleté, and back of hands.
- After it absorbs into the skin, follow up with The Cure on problem areas. I like to target the crows feet, temples and cheeks.
- It is recommended to apply morning and night. When starting out, I applied it once per day and still saw results.
- It’s also recommended to exfoliate at least twice per week to get maximum absorption of the Herbal Face Food serum.
- Lock it all in with a hydrating moisturizer!
There are a few variations of the Herbal Face Food serums. The intensity of each level increases as you move up.
- The Serum 1
- The Serum 2
- The Serum 3
- The Cure (this formula actually has 50 ingredients!)
The difference between serums 1-3 is the concentration of the botanicals within each “level.” They recommend letting your skin get accustomed to the first level before moving your way up. If you jump straight to Level 3, it might feel a little too spicy. The Cure is the most potent of the skincare line.
Within its formula, it has “the top 25 rarest and most expensive plant concentrates on the planet.” –Herbal Face Food
What are the Ingredients?
Each serum has a combination of specific leaf extracts, leaf oils, stems, and more. All ingredients are sourced from remote parts of the world through sustainable wild harvesting methods. Each ingredient has been carefully selected based on its value for the skin.
With 50 ingredients, a few of their components are:
See a full list of ingredients here.
How My Skin Feels After 8 Weeks of Use
I started out using The Serum 1 just once per day. Since I have rosacea, I didn’t want to use something that could cause a flare up by overloading the skin. From week three onwards, I used The Serum 1 and The Cure twice a day. Here are the results.
- Increased overall brightness and tightness, especially the crows feet and cheeks where I used The Cure.
- Zero rosacea outbreaks. This is HUGE!
- No breakouts and no greasy residue leftover. I was able to apply my moisturizer, and then makeup soon after.
- Diminished appearance of sun spots and hyperpigmentation
- Bonus: Rich aroma that acts as aromatherapy
How Much Does it Cost?
- Serum 1: starting at $60
- Serum 2: starting at $65
- Serum 3: starting at $75
- The Cure: starting at $95
Does Herbal Face Food Have a Rewards Program?
Herbal Face Food has The Insider Club. When you create a free account, you can redeem points from your purchases for free products. For every dollar spent, you get 10 points. Plus, when you refer a friend, you get $50 towards your purchase, and your friend gets $25!
Herbal Face Food Promo Code – save 20%
I love trying the best and most innovative vegan and cruelty free skincare products on the market. My favorite part is sharing them with you!
Use code RACHEL20 to save 20% off your order!
Let me know how you enjoy it by dropping me a comment below!
Did you love this review of my favorite serums? Are you a vegan and cruelty-free skin care fanatic like me? I thought so. Check out the Kinder Beauty Box, a vegan, cruelty-free and clean beauty subscription box. I’ve had my Kinder Beauty Box subscription for around 18 months and looove receiving it in the mail every month! I hope you’ll love it too!