A savory galette recipe with vegan cream cheese, green onions, juicy tomatoes and some tasty “everything bagel” seasoning (plus gluten-free pastry).
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free flour + extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces / 115 grams cold vegan butter, chopped
Filling & Garnish
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces / 227 grams vegan creamed cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced + extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2–1 tablespoon almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Prepare ice water by adding a handful of ice cubes into a bowl and filling with water. Set aside to chill.
- Place all dry pastry ingredients to a food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of ice water, pulse to mix. Then add vegan butter and process until the mixture is well combined and the pastry resembles breadcrumbs. If needed, add another 1 to 2 tablespoons of ice water.
- Turn pastry out onto a flour-dusted surface. Roll out the pastry, fold in half and roll out again. Repeat rolling and folding 6 times (this step helps with the flakiness of the pastry – see photo above).
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch / 30cm circle. Carefully transfer to a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes for the pastry to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 400F / 204C and start preparing the filling.
- Add vegan creamed cheese, green onions, salt and pepper to a food processor. Process until mixed.
- Spread the creamed cheese mixture over the pastry, leaving a bare 1 inch/2.5cm edge (see photo above). Top with heirloom tomato slices.
- Carefully fold bare edge of pastry over to form a crust. Brush with almond milk and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the galette crust is golden brown and the creamed cheese filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into eight slices and enjoy warm.
Store any leftover Galette in an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or enjoy cold.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 651.8 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: galette, vegan cream cheese, gluten free pastry, vegan recipes