Take these deviled potatoes to your next BBQ, picnic, or pot-luck as a vegan alternative to eggs. These are so delicious it’s hard to have just one!
- 12 ‘baby’ or ‘new’ potatoes (select oval/egg-shaped if possible), boiled or steamed until tender
- 1/2 cup thick vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (see notes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of fresh chives, finely sliced
- 1–2 teaspoons smoked paprika (see notes)
- Cook potatoes by boiling or steaming them until tender. You’ll know the potatoes are perfectly cooked when you can easily slide a skewer into them.
- When cooked, remove potatoes from the heat, drain, rinse and allow to cool.
- Cut the cooked potatoes in half and scoop out the middle like a “yolk” using a melon baller.
- Place the scooped potato into a small bowl, along with vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash the potato mixture with a fork until you reach the desired consistency (we leave ours a little chunky).
- Load the potato mixture back into the hollow you made in the baby potatoes, then garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and chopped chives.
These delicious Deviled “Eggs” are best served at room temperature or slightly cooler. Enjoy!
- If you want to mix up the flavors a bit, you can also make deviled potatoes in the curried style popular in Australia and the UK. Just swap the turmeric and paprika for curry powder.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Keywords: vegan deviled eggs, deviled potatoes