This recipe is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv.
This pillowy apple cinnamon pull apart bread is the easiest (and tastiest) recipe for cinnamon pull-apart bread I’ve ever come across. With its sweet, soft, and spicy taste it’s perfect with coffee in the morning or as an afternoon treat!
Raise your hand if you love cinnamon pull apart bread! This recipe combines apples, almonds, and cinnamon, for a deliciously versatile loaf that pulls apart in soft, springy sheets.
The best part? It’s so easy to make, thanks to my favorite Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Dinner Rolls. I love these rolls for so many reasons. They’re fast, plant-based, and easy to customize with your favorite flavors (check out my Herb + Garlic Butter rolls for a savory option!). But most importantly, they taste amazing.
What You’ll Need For Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Dinner Rolls: You get the dough in a bag of 36 frozen dough balls that you can use a whole host of ways. It is free from artificial preservatives and GMOs, and is suitable for plant-based diets. It also saved a bunch of kneading that would otherwise be needed for this recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread.
Cinnamon pull apart bread filling: The filling for this apple cinnamon pull apart bread is made using a combination of dark brown sugar, apple sauce, almonds, vegan butter, and cinnamon. It’s a deliciously indulgent combination, and super easy to whip-up.
Icing: The icing for this apple cinnamon pull apart bread is simply powdered sugar mixed with plant milk and vanilla extract. If you’re feeling it, then feel free to skip the icing, but I like it for a little added sweetness and decadence.
How to Make Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
There are a few steps to this cinnamon pull apart bread recipe, but don’t be put off! They’re all super simple and definitely worth the effort.
- Defrost + Prove Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Dinner Rolls. Place the frozen dinner rolls on a lined baking tray, with lots of space between each dough ball to allow them to expand. Put the tray in a warm place until the rolls have doubled in size. To save time, I usually pop them in the oven overnight with the light on (the light radiates plenty of heat overnight to get the dough rising!).
Tip: Studies have shown that the optimum temperature for proving bread is 75°F to 78°F. Try placing your bread rolls in the oven with the light on, near a heat source like a radiator, or on top of a water heater.
- Make the apple and cinnamon pull apart bread filling. Place brown sugar, apple sauce, softened vegan butter, and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl, and stir together until you have a smooth mixture. Sprinkle in the almond slices, then carefully fold them into the mixture.
- Roll and fill the dinner rolls. Dust your counter with a little all-purpose flour. Gently roll out each proofed dinner roll until it’s about 4 inches/10cm wide. Next, line a bread (or loaf) pan with parchment paper. Spread a spoonful of the apple and cinnamon pull apart bread filling across one side of each round, and stand them upright in the lined bread pan. Quickly repeat this process with the remaining dough rounds. Spoon any remaining filling over the top.
Tip: Don’t worry if your rounds and filling aren’t perfect and look rustic. It adds to their home-made charm!
4. Give the dough a second proofing. Place the bread pan filled with your apple cinnamon dough into a warm location, and allow them to double in size again.
5. Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 350F/177C.
6. Bake apple and cinnamon pull apart bread. Put proofed cinnamon, apple and almond pull apart bread into the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Make + drizzle icing. Add powdered sugar, plant milk and vanilla extract into a small medium mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Remove the cooled pull apart bread from the bread pan and drizzle with icing. Enjoy!
This recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread is super adaptable. If you’re craving an alternative fruit flavor then try substituting the apple sauce for chopped fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries.
For a classic pain au raison flavor use raisins, or any other dried fruit you enjoy, in place of the apple sauce. This option tastes great, but be aware that your pull apart bread will be a little less moist, so feel free to soak the raisins for few minutes in warm water (and drain before use), or up the vegan butter by 1-2 tablespoons.
How to Serve and Store
Serve freshly baked with a cup of tea or coffee. I find this recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread tastes best the day of baking, but it stores well in an air-tight container for up to two days. Enjoy!
Looking for another recipe using Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Dinner Rolls?
Check out this recipe for Herb + Garlic Butter Yeast Dinner Rolls for the most delicious savory bread rolls.
Thanks for checking out this Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread with Apple + Almond Recipe. If you try it, please let us know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread with Apple & Almond | Vegan Recipe
- Total Time: 50 minutes + proving
- Yield: 4 servings (large) 1x
This recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread is a real treat! If you love apple and cinnamon pull apart bread but dislike kneading, this is for you!
- 14 frozen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Dinner Rolls
- All-purpose flour for dusting
Cinnamon, apple + almond filing
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Defrost & proof dinner rolls: Place frozen dinner rolls on a lined baking tray, with plenty of space between each dough ball. Set aside in a warm place in the kitchen until the bread rolls have defrosted and doubled in size.
- Make the filing: Place brown sugar, apple sauce, softened vegan butter and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl, stir to combine. Sprinkle in almond slices, then carefully fold them into the filing mixture.
- Roll out proofed dinner rolls: Dust counter with a little all-purpose flour, then roll out each proofed dinner roll until 4 inches/10cm wide rounds.
- Add filling: Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Spread a spoonful of the filling across one side of the dough round, then stand up in the lined bread pan. Quickly repeat this process with the remaining dough rounds. Spoon any remaining filling over the top. Don’t worry if the rounds and filling go a little wonky and look a little rustic- that’s part of its charm!
- Proof dough again: Place bread pan (filled with dough rounds and filling) in a warm location and set aside until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350F/177C.
- Bake pull apart read: Put proofed cinnamon, apple and almond pull apart bread into the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Make & drizzle icing: Add powdered sugar, plant milk and vanilla extract into a small medium mixing bowl, whisk until well combined. Remove cooled pull apart bread from the bread pan and drizzle with icing. Enjoy!
- Cinnamon, Apple & Almond Pull Apart Bread is best enjoyed the day you bake it.
- If necessary, store in an air-tight container and consume within 2 days.
- This recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread is super adaptable. If you’re craving an alternative fruit flavor then try substituting the apple sauce for chopped fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes + proving
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: cinnamon pull apart bread
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.