This herby cilantro lime dressing recipe is as delicious as it is versatile! Drizzle it over a green salad, slather over tacos or nachos, or use it as a zesty marinade for tofu or tempeh. When it tastes this good, you can’t go wrong!
If there’s a fresher summer combination than cilantro and lime, then I’m yet to find it. They just taste so darn good together, and this super zesty cilantro lime dressing recipe is the perfect way to showcase them. It comes together quickly and can be drizzled over all kinds of different dishes for a little extra oomph.
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
Fresh Cilantro: You will need one full bunch (around two cups) of fresh cilantro for this recipe. Make sure you rinse the leaves thoroughly before throwing them in the food processor!
Lime Juice: For this recipe, you will need the juice from three limes. Find the juiciest limes by giving them a squeeze – they should feel soft and squishy rather than firm.
Jalapeño Pepper: The amount of jalapeño pepper you use will depend on how spicy you want your cilantro lime dressing. I used half a pepper, but you can easily adjust this according to your tastes.
Onion: A couple of slices of onion add freshness and just a little spice to the dressing.
Olive Oil: You will need light olive oil for this cilantro lime dressing recipe.
Avocado: Want to make a creamy version of this dressing? Add some avocado to the mix!
How to Make (Super Easy!)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until very smooth and creamy. You may need to pause the food processor a couple of times to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer the cilantro-lime dressing into an airtight container (mason jars are perfect) and use however you like!
Variations to Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
Olive oil can easily be swapped out for any neutral-tasting oil you have in the pantry. Grapeseed, sunflower, canola, and vegetable oil all work great.
In need of a little garlic goodness? Swap out the onion for 1-2 garlic cloves.
How to Use Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Drizzle over your favorite salad for a massive boost of flavor.
- Use as a sauce for tacos, burritos, nachos, and enchiladas.
- Use as a marinade for tofu and tempeh for a zesty, herbaceous flavor.
Refrigerate in a mason jar or airtight container for up to three days.Print
Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe | Herby & Zesty!
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Herby and zesty cilantro lime dressing recipe! Perfect for salads, tacos, and even as a tofu marinade! Super simple recipe ready in 5 minutes!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 bunch (2 cups) cilantro
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 slices onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of salt
Extra Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing with Avocado
- Add 1/2 ripe avocado too the recipe above
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. As needed, stop the food processor and scrap down there sides, then blitz again to combine.
- Transfer to a serving container and use as desired (e.g. drizzle over salads, tacos, nachos, or even use to marinate tofu). Enjoy!
Store in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: cilantro lime dressing, cilantro lime dressing recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.