- 10 Rhodes Bake N Serv yeast dinner rolls
- 2 cup butternut squash pieces (cut into small cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 4 green onions, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Cooking oil spray
- Line a baking tray with silicone baking mat or parchment paper, and top with Rhodes Bake-N-Serv yeast dinner rolls, evenly spaced. Set aside in a warm place to thaw and rise, around 3 to 5 hours.
- Prepare the butternut squash by placing the pieces into a bowl with a little water, cover and then cook in the microwave until soft, around 5 to 7 minutes. Drain out any remaining water and tip the butternut squash pieces, garlic, olive oil and salt into a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the butternut squash is browned, around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the filing by mixing together prepared butternut squash, green onions, sage, parsley, vegan cheese shreds, salt and pepper, mix to combine.
- Prepare an 9-inch (23cms) round springform baking pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper and lightning spray the sides with cooking oil spray.
- Onto a flour dusted surface, place one defrosted and risen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv bread roll, squash down and then fold in half, then roll out until around 2-inches (5cms) wide and 8-inches (20cms) long. Fill with 1/10th of the filling lengthways along the length of the dough. Roll up and place into the baking pan. Repeat process until all rolls are created.
- Set prepared bread rolls aside in a warm place to rise until they have doubled in size, around 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C, drizzle your cheesy butternut squash and sage bread rolls with a little olive oil, then place into the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the baking pan before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Defrosting & Rising: 5 to 7 hours
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Keywords: bread rolls recipe