It’s time for a super tasty black bean burger recipe – it’s also vegan and gluten-free! Do you know what that means? Delicious burgers for everyone!
- 1.5 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed. Mash 1 cup of black beans, and leave 1/2 cup whole.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet and smoky BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Avocado oil or olive oil spray
To serve (optional)
- 6 whole wheat bread rolls
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Other veggies of choice, such a sauerkraut
- Condiments, such as vegan mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, mustard
- Place all burger ingredients (besides cooking oil spray) into a large mixing bowl. Mix well using a spoon or your hands (our preferred method!) to combine.
- Using wet hands, form the black bean and brown rice mixture into six burger patties.
- Spray skillet with a little cooking oil and cook burgers over medium-low heat for 7 minutes, flip burger patties and cook for a further 7 minutes. Transfer burger patties to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the bread rolls to the skillet over medium heat, and brown for about 1-2 minutes per side. (optional)
- Top toasted burger buns with salad, burger patties and condiments of choice.
- Nutrition information is calculated for the burger patty only.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: black bean burger recipe, vegan burger recipe, black beans veggie burger, vegan burger, veggie burger