A step-by-step recipe for making the best creamy oatmeal every time! Enjoy the nutrition benefits of healthy oatmeal – its a terrific start to your day!
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
Oatmeal flavor boosters, sweetness + toppings (choose any combination you like!):
- Flavor boosters:
- Add Coconut Oil to make the oatmeal even more buttery and creamy.
- Add Spices: pumpkin pie spices, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla – this list goes on!
- Brown sugar is a classic.
- Agave nectar and maple syrup taste great with oatmeal.
- You can also add sweetness via a topping.
- Toppings: The list of tasty things to put on oatmeal is basically endless, and many can add extra nutrition! Here are some of our favorites:
- Stewed strawberry and rhubarb (see recipe)
- Fresh strawberries and banana
- Banana and peanut butter
- Chocolate and hazelnut
- Baked/stewed apples and pears
- Berry compote/chia jam
- Nuts and seeds (and nut/seed butters)
- Into a medium size pot add water and salt, bring to a boil, then stir in rolled oats.
- Simmer rolled oats for 5 minutes, then turn off heat and stand for 3 minutes until the water has absorbed. Stir occasionally to ensure the oats don’t stick and turnouts out creamy!
Serve your Creamy Oatmeal with Flavor Boosters of your choice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 2325.5 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: creamy oatmeal, oatmeal benefits, oatmeal healthy, oatmeal recipe, oatmeal nutrition