Craving deliciously crispy baked fries? This recipe is for you. Baked in the oven and perfectly crispy and fluffy every time.
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400F/204C and line baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Prepare potatoes: Cut potatoes lengthways into fries, around 1/4 inch/6mm wide.
- Place into a bowl (see note) and then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes evenly on baking tray, then place into the oven.
- Bake: Bake fries for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and crispy, flipping half way through. Then remove from the oven, sprinkle with a little salt, and serve while hot and crispy. Enjoy!
- If desired, leave the potato skins on as they contain nutrients and fiber, and it saves time!
- Remove excess starch by soaking the potato slices in cold water for 10 minutes, up to 24 hours. Drain and pat dry before adding olive oil and salt. I don’t often do the step, but if you have the time, you can achieve extra crispy baked fries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Keywords: baked fries