If you’re a fan of crispy, tender sprouts then you’ll go crazy for these air fryer Brussel sprouts! They cook in minutes and use less oil than baking or frying, making them the perfect healthy side dish for any occasion.
Forget those balls of boiled green mush from your childhood and try this air fryer Brussel sprouts recipe instead! Crispy, tender, and amazingly fresh-tasting, cooking sprouts in the air fryer is guaranteed to give you perfect results every time. I love them so much that I often eat them as a main dish. What’s more, they take just ten minutes to cook, leaving you plenty of time to think about all those yummy nutrients you’re feeding your body.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
I used around 1 lb of fresh Brussel sprouts for this recipe. Don’t forget to give them a rinse to remove any dirt or debris.
You will need two tablespoons of olive oil to get those Brussels nice and crispy!
One of my go-to plant-based seasonings, garlic powder will help achieve that coveted umami flavor.
Plant-based Bacon Seasoning/Smoked Paprika
Smoky flavors go great with Brussel sprouts. I used my favorite PigOut Pigless Bacon Seasoning, but smoked paprika works well too!
Sprinkle your sprouts with a little salt and pepper according to your tastes.
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F for five minutes.
- While it heats up, cut your Brussel sprouts into similarly sized pieces. For bigger sprouts, this will mean into quarters, for smaller ones, halves will be fine.
- Place your sprouts into a medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bacon seasoning or smoked paprika.
- When your air fryer is up to temperature, tip your Brussel sprouts into the basket and cook for ten minutes.
Tip: Shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time to make sure your Brussel sprouts crisp evenly.
- Once cooked, transfer your Brussel sprouts into a serving bowl and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve piping hot and crispy!
If you’re craving an extra smoky bacon taste, then try adding a couple of slices of plant-based bacon to the mix. Chop into small pieces then add to the air fryer after six minutes of cooking your Brussel sprouts – just don’t forget to pause the air fryer before opening th drawer!
Not a fan of Brussel Sprouts? Try my Air Fryer Broccoli recipe instead!
How to Serve
These sprouts taste best when eaten straight away. The longer you leave them the less crispy they will be, so eat’em while they’re hot!
Can I Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Ahead of Time?
Brussel sprouts cooked in the air fryer are best eaten straight from the fryer, although leftovers can be re-heated in the air fryer or microwave if you like.
Air Fryer (crispy): Add leftover Brussels in the air fryer and reheat for 2 minutes at 400F. Your sprouts will stay nice and crisp this way.
Reheat in Microwave (not crispy): Add your leftover sprouts to a microwave-proof dish, along with a splash of water. Cover, and heat for between 2-3 minutes, until hot all the way through.Print
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts | Crispy & Tender
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 serving 1x
These Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are crispy on the outside, tender in the middle, and make a deliciously healthy main or side!
- 1 lb (450g) fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon bacon seasoning or smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat air fryer: Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400F (205C).
- Prepare brussel sprouts: Cut brussel sprouts in half (cut larger sprouts in quarters).* Place brussel sprouts into a mixing bowl, and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bacon seasoning or smoked paprika.
- Air fry / cook: Tip your seasoned brussel sprout pieces into your pre-heated air fryer basket, and cook for ten minutes at 400F (205C). Shake halfway through to ensure even cooking and crispiness.
- Serve: Once the cooking time is complete, carefully transfer brussel sprouts to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve while hot + crispy! Enjoy!
- Cut brussels sprouts the same size, so they will cook evenly! Cut them in half, and any sprouts that are bigger than the others, cut them in quarters.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: air fryer brussel sprouts, air fryer brussel sprouts recipe, brussel sprouts in air fryer
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.