If you’re a fan of crispy, tender sprouts then you’ll go crazy for these air fryer Brussel sprouts! They cook in minutes and use less oil than baking or frying, making them the perfect healthy side dish for any occasion.
Forget those balls of boiled green mush from your childhood and try this air fryer Brussel sprouts recipe instead! Crispy, tender, and amazingly fresh-tasting, cooking sprouts in the air fryer is guaranteed to give you perfect results every time. I love them so much that I often eat them as a main dish. What’s more, they take just ten minutes to cook, leaving you plenty of time to think about all those yummy nutrients you’re feeding your body.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
I used around 1 lb of fresh Brussel sprouts for this recipe. Don’t forget to give them a rinse to remove any dirt or debris.
You will need two tablespoons of olive oil to get those Brussels nice and crispy!
One of my go-to plant-based seasonings, garlic powder will help achieve that coveted umami flavor.
Plant-based Bacon Seasoning/Smoked Paprika
Smoky flavors go great with Brussel sprouts. I used my favorite PigOut Pigless Bacon Seasoning, but smoked paprika works well too!
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F for five minutes.
- While it heats up, cut your Brussel sprouts into similarly sized pieces. For bigger sprouts, this will mean into quarters, for smaller ones, halves will be fine.
- Place your sprouts into a medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bacon seasoning or smoked paprika.
- When your air fryer is up to temperature, tip your Brussel sprouts into the basket and cook for ten minutes.
Tip: Shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time to make sure your Brussel sprouts crisp evenly.
- Once cooked, transfer your Brussel sprouts into a serving bowl and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve piping hot and crispy!
If you’re craving an extra smoky bacon taste, then try adding a couple of slices of plant-based bacon to the mix. Chop into small pieces then add to the air fryer after six minutes of cooking your Brussel sprouts – just don’t forget to pause the air fryer before opening th drawer!
Not a fan of Brussel Sprouts? Try my Air Fryer Broccoli recipe instead!
How to Serve
These sprouts taste best when eaten straight away. The longer you leave them the less crispy they will be, so eat’em while they’re hot!
Can I Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Ahead of Time?
Reheat in Microwave (not crispy): Add your leftover sprouts to a microwave-proof dish, along with a splash of water. Cover, and heat for between 2-3 minutes, until hot all the way through.Print
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.