Air fryer broccoli is a deliciously healthy way to enjoy this rockstar vegetable and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and cook. My air fryer broccoli recipe will take you through every stage of the process, for crispy, tender florets that turn out perfect every time.
Broccoli is one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables out there, and one of my all-time favorite side dishes. Using an air-fryer is a super quick method of cooking broccoli and a great way to avoid ending up with soggy, flavorless trees.
If you’re an air-fryer novice then this is a simple and delicious recipe to get you started. I guarantee that once you taste it, air-fryer broccoli will be a regular addition to your dinner table!
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
Fresh Broccoli Florets
You will need a handful of fresh broccoli for this recipe, cut into 1-inch pieces. In order to ensure all your florets cook evenly, you have to cut them all around this size. Otherwise, you may end up with chewy stems.
Love Broccoli? Check out these other broccoli recipes!
How to Make this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
One of the great things about air fryers is that they produce the same great flavor as roasting, but use a fraction of the cooking oil. Unlike boiling, you won’t lose nutrients when you air fry broccoli, and will end up with perfectly crispy trees that never taste watery or bland.
With this in mind, here’s my foolproof method for cooking broccoli in an air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400F (205C).
- Cut your broccoli into 1-inch pieces, ensuring each floret is around the same size. This will ensure even cooking.
- Add your broccoli to a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.
Tip: Want all of your broccoli to be super crispy? Use 2lbs of broccoli, remove the stems
(save them for soup or stir-fry), and air fry just the tips.
- Tip your seasoned broccoli pieces into your pre-heated air fryer basket, and cook for six minutes at 400F (205C).
Tip: Give your air fryer a little shake half-way through to encourage even crisping.
- Once the cooking time is complete, carefully transfer the broccoli pieces to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon.
How to Serve
Some of my other go-to flavor hacks
- Add 1/2-1 teaspoon mustard powder to the bowl of uncooked broccoli pieces, along with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well, and then pop into the air fryer to cook.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of vegan parmesan cheese over the bowl of cooked broccoli before serving.
- Mix 2 finely sliced green onions (or chives) through the bowl of cooked broccoli before serving.
Can I Make Air Fryer Broccoli Ahead of Time?
Reheat in Microwave (but it won’t be crispy): Add your leftover broccoli to a microwave-proof dish, along with a splash of water. Cover, and heat for between 2-3 minutes, until hot all the way through.
Looking for mains + sides to enjoy with your broccoli?
Here are a few of my readers favorite mains and sides that would taste great with air fryer broccoli!
Thanks for checking out this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe post! If you try it, please let us know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make the blog even better!Print
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change.