A 5-minute recipe for making some healthy hummus! Enjoy the awesome taste and nutrition benefits of hummus using this simple recipe and minimal ingredients.
- 1 small can (15.5oz / 439gram) chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1–2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Sprinkle of ground chili or ground paprika
- Handful of flat leaf parsley and/or mint, finely chopped
- Place all hummus ingredients into a high powdered blender or food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Transfer hummus into a bowl, then (if desired) drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with pine nuts, chili/paprika and fresh herbs.
Store hummus in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days.
- Serving suggestions: 1). Serve with veggie sticks and/or crackers, 2). Dollop on the side of roasted root vegetables or grain bowl, 3). Spread on sandwiches.
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only and are calculated without optional toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 450.7 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy hummus, hummus benefits, hummus ingredients, hummus nutrition