Crunchy, chocolatey, sweet and delicious, these Chocolate & Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats are the perfect sweet treat to keep handy for when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth!
These beauties are made with only six ingredients and are so easy to make you’ll have them ready in no time! Plus did I mention no bake?!
All you have to do with mix all the ingredients together, press into muffin cups, and freeze. Gluten free, plant based and delicious sweet treats ready in a flash! Everyone from kids to teens to adults will love ’em!
6 cups crispy puffed rice*
3 cups freeze dried strawberries
12 oz / 340 grams dark chocolate
1/2 cup vegan marshmallows**
1/2 cup coconut oil
Pinch of salt
Cooking oil spray
1. Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil and set aside.
2. In a large, microwave safe bowl, add chocolate, marshmallows and coconut oil. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes until chocolate mixture is melted. Stir well to combine.
3. Stir in crispy puffed rice, 2.5 cups freeze dried strawberries and pinch of salt. Stir well to ensure the crispy rice and strawberries are coated.
4. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of freeze dried strawberries to the outside of the muffin cups (leave some pieces full and some crumbled up for different affect). Place mixture into prepared muffin pan, pressing down lightly to fill the muffin cups.
5. Place muffin tray into the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes. Remove from the freezer a couple of minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Makes 14 rice krispy treats
* check your packaging to ensure your crispy puffed rice is gluten free.
** vegan marshmallows can be found in many grocery and specialty stores or purchased online.
1. The rice kripy treats will likely stick to the side of your muffin cups, so use a wooden chop stick or blunt knife to loosen treats so they’ll pop out!
2. Keep rice krispy treats frozen because out of the freezer too long they will melt and crumble.