If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know I’m kinda obsessed with chia pudding. Chia seeds are jammed packed with so many health benefits: fiber + omega 3s + calcium + protein and antioxidants… and if that isn’t enough, chia perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast!
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sweetened plant milk*
1/4 cup coconut milk**
Tropical fruit (I used pineapple, mango and passion fruit)
1. Add chia seeds and milk to a bowl.
2. Whisk well to remove and clumps and air bubbles.
3. Cover bowl and allow to thicken overnight in the refrigerator, or at least 3 hours.
4. Prior to serving, whisk well to form a creamy chia pudding.
5. Transfer to a jar or bowl and top with tropical fruit.
* I like to use unsweetened soy, almond, cashew or hemp milk.
**If you prefer, you can use 1 cup of coconut milk (instead of 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup plant milk) which will make this chia pudding super decadent and creamy… however keep in mind that coconut milk is much higher in calories and saturated fat than other plant milks.