I am yet to meet someone that doesn’t like burgers. There is something about biting into a burger that is so satisfying. Don’t you think? Due to my burger addiction, I’m always on the look out for different veggie burgers to try. My latest is the Cauliflower Sloppy Joe. The riced cauliflower gives the burger a great texture and the tomato sauce makes it very sloppy. It’s messy perfection.
1 medium onion, finely diced
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
4 cups riced cauliflower
3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 bread rolls
1. Spray a large pot with oil. Over medium heat saute onion and bell pepper until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, stir well and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients (besides greens and bread
rolls…). Stir well. Allow to cook for a further 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and the liquid has reduced (you want the mixture to be wet, but not too wet).
4. Toast bread rolls (I used gluten free bread rolls), then top with greens and sloppy joe mixture.
5. Make sure you have plenty of paper towel handy… then it’s time to DEVOUR 😋
Recipe adapted from foodfaithfitness.com